Hemorrhoids are one of the most common diseases around the globe. This is mainly caused by recurrent stressing or pressurizing during a bowel movement.
The blood vessels more specifically, blood veins of the anus and rectum become swallowed in case of hemorrhoids. Sometimes, these swallowing of veins may rupture and causes bleeding. This may also cause constipation. Hemorrhoids can be of different types. These are:
- Internal hemorrhoid: These are the painless normal type of swallowing at the inside of the rectum.
- Prolapsed hemorrhoid: This type is very much painful and similar to internal hemorrhoid as it is found at the inlet of the rectum. Sometimes the swallowed veins hang out of the body which causes severe pain.
- External hemorrhoid: These are hard lumps around the opening of the anus.
Symptoms of hemorrhoids:
Hemorrhoid is an asymptomatic disease that can be easily diagnosed at home. It shows symptoms like;
- Stinging and irritation at the anal opening.
- Bleeding while defecating.
- Severe pain.
Diagnosis of hemorrhoids:
Normally hemorrhoids can be diagnosed only by seeing the lumps and swelling around the anus. But to be sure, doctors may use some diagnostic tests. Those are:
- Digital Rectal Examination.
Treatment and cure of hemorrhoid:
If you are diagnosed with hemorrhoids, then your doctor will follow a definite sequence of treatment according to the necessity. We are presenting the treatments below:
- Medication: If you have very mild pain or little irritation due to piles, your doctor may suggest cream, suppositories, pads, or ointments which contain lidocaine and hydrocortisone to temporarily decrease the pain and swelling.
- Non-surgical procedure: In the case of both internal and external hemorrhoids, the doctor may go for non-surgical treatment if the patient does not want to have surgery. These treatments are:
- Rubber band ligation: Here, the base of the hemorrhoid is closed by adding one or two rubber bands around it. So the blood circulation stops and within some days, the swollen part will fall as it does not get nutrition from blood.
- Sclerotherapy: In this treatment, the doctor gives an injection to shrink hemorrhoid.
- Coagulation: Here doctors use infrared or laser light to clot the blood inside of hemorrhoid, thus it shrinks and hardens.
3.Surgical procedure: If the patient has consent then doctors would do surgery to remove hemorrhoids. There will be local anesthesia used for surgery. These surgeries are:
- Hemorrhoid stapling.
Hemorrhoid treatment at home:
Hemorrhoid is also curable from home. Some food habits may help a lot to cure this disease. You also need to follow a lifestyle or habit to get rid of it.
- Warm bath: A lukewarm bath is very helpful to relieve pain as it relaxes the anal sphincter and muscles. Take warm water in the bathtub and soak your anus for 15 minutes. Try this every day.
- Witch Hazel: It has a natural remedy to cure hemorrhoids for its astringent property. Make a witch hazel solution and soak cotton balls in it. Apply it to the hemorrhoids.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera jell can be used in case of both external and internal hemorrhoids. You can refrigerate the jell to avoid pain.
- Coconut Oil: It has anti-inflammatory properties as well as anti-bacterial properties. Just apply coconut oil to the affected area by using your finger. Try this three times a day.
- Garlic: Boil some garlic in water and you will get a solution. Soak some cotton balls and apply them to the hemorrhoid swelling area.
- Black tea: Black tea is very well known for its tannic acid to relieve inflammation. Just make some black tea without sugar and let it cool up to being lukewarm. Then apply it three times a day with cotton balls.
- Ice cubes: Hemorrhoids mainly caused by the swelling of rectal veins. Cold can shrink those. Take some ice cubes in a bag and sit on it for 10 to 15 minutes. Repeat this two or three times a day.
Change of lifestyle:
Changing lifestyle is also a very good way to cure hemorrhoids. This also prevents hemorrhoids for those who are not suffering from this.
- Drink a lot of water every day. This will soften the bowel and will free you from constipation and straining during defecation. And also from the risk of hemorrhoids.
- Eat plenty of vegetables richer with organic fibers. Fibers can absorb water and make easy movement of the bowel through the rectum. This will reduce the possibility of growing hemorrhoids.
- Do not wear synthetic too tight undergarments. Try to use easy, loose, and cotton made undergarment. These will free you from inflammation from bacteria.
- Make a regular schedule of defecation. It is better to defecate the bowel after getting up from the bed. Do not push hard to poop. Try for two minutes, if it does not occur then leave it and try later. Pushing can cause inflammation at the anal open and later turn into hemorrhoids.
- Avoid sitting for a long time. If your job at a desk, make sure to walk for five to ten minutes every hour. Sitting for a long time increases rectal pressure which causes the risk of hemorrhoids.
Can homeopathy cure hemorrhoids permanently?
Many people do not believe in homeopathic treatment. But this way of treatment also has a great impact and many patients with mild hemorrhoids got well by homeopathy. This promises treatment without any surgery.
In the case of 1st and 2nd-degree hemorrhoids, homeopathy works very well without any surgery. But in the case of 3rd and 4th-degree hemorrhoids, surgery is a must.
Homeopathic physicians identify the hemorrhoid type and treat it accordingly. They not only prescribe but also suggest lifestyle change that reduces the risk of recurrent piles. Mainly they suggest constipation medicines so that it softens the bowel and does not cause any comfort during passing. Some medicines suggested by homeopathic doctors are;
- Aesculus hippocastunum.
- Nux vomica.
- Arnica Montana.
- Calcarea flurica.
Hemorrhoids or piles are very painful for an individual. As this disease is common and curable, there is nothing to be worried about. Proper medication and a healthy lifestyle can end this painful disease.