Hemorrhoid is a very painful and uncomfortable disease. Though it is very common, it is very much disturbing for everyone. According to medical science, this a disease condition, characterized by atypical swollen bloody vessels especially veins in dilated tissue in the anal canal or around the opening of the anus. This may also be seen in the rectum.
Hemorrhoids are totally curable. In some cases, small hemorrhoids go away without any treatment. But the large external hemorrhoids may be presented for a long time if proper actions are not taken. There might be some complications like;
- Intense and extreme pain during defecation.
- Anemia is due to bleeding while the bowel passes.
- Blood may clot in the anal region.
- Infection can be caused by microorganisms like viruses and bacteria.
Now the first question that comes to your mind is how you can cure this uncomfortable disease. Well to cure this, first, we should know the causes behind this and the symptoms of this disease.
Causes of hemorrhoids:
There are some very common causes behind piles. Let us know those:
- Pushing or stressing too much to defecate.
- Eating less fiber riched food and vegetables.
- Being overweight and obese.
- Hemorrhoids can be found during pregnancy.
- Having anal intercourse.
- Regular heavy weight lifting.
Those are mainly the cause behind having piles or hemorrhoids. We all know prevention is better than cure. So to prevent this disease, you need to avoid these causes.
Symptoms of hemorrhoids:
Knowing the symptoms of a disease will help a lot to cure it. As fast as you can diagnose the disease, you can start the treatment. Here are the symptoms of hemorrhoids:
- Constipation and pain in defecation.
- Pain while sitting.
- Bleeding with bowel movement.
- Itching in the anal area.
- Growing of lumps and swollen tissue in the anal canal.
If you observe these symptoms then should visit a doctor as soon as possible. If the lumps are mild then you may cure those at home by using some medication or by changing your daily lifestyle.
Diagnosis and treatment of hemorrhoids:
Physicians diagnose hemorrhoids by using three methods:
- Visual inspection: By just observing the anus area whether there are any lumps or swelling.
- Digital examination: Here, to examine they enter fingers in the anal canal and try to detect the lumps or hemorrhoids.
- Sigmoidoscopy: In this case, the doctor will enter a thin tube with a light and a camera through the anal canal to see whether any hemorrhoids developed or not.
To treat hemorrhoid patients, doctors follow three treatment procedures:
- Medication: They suggest some over-the-counter ointment, jells, or cream to use or some oral tablets also.
- Minimal invasive procedure: This is a non-surgical treatment procedure which includes: Rubber band ligation, Sclerotherapy, and Coagulation.
- Surgery: When the above-mentioned two procedures are not enough to cure the hemorrhoids then doctors go for this surgical one. Using local anesthesia, they complete the surgery and it is safe and also painless.
These were the treatment process by physicians but luckily this disease has home remedies also. You can cure hemorrhoids naturally at home. Let’s know how this works.
How to cure hemorrhoids naturally at home:
At the initial stages, hemorrhoids are totally curable at home. Hemorrhoids firstly are painless and non-dangerous when they are little in size. Here we will discuss some home remedies for piles or hemorrhoids.
- Witch hazel: It is a natural antioxidant. This can reduce the main discomfort of piles that is pain and itching. Witch hazel is available in the market in liquid form and can be applied directly to the infected area. This also comes as wipes and soaps.
- Warm bath: Taking a bath with warm water is a great help. This relaxes the anal sphincter and helps in bowel movement. Take warm water in a bathtub and take a shower for 15 minutes. Do this two or three times a day especially after defecation.
You can take a sitz bath if you do not want to get your full body wet. But many physicians do not encourage this.
- Use alleviating wipes: After defecation, we usually use toilet tissue to wipe out. But toilet tissue is rough and may irritate in case of piles. So you can use some soothing wipes which are soft and enriched with anti hemorrhoid ingredients like which hazel or aloe vera. Make sure this does not contain alcohol.
- Use ice: Ice causes instant relief in hemorrhoid pain. It shrinks the swollen blood vessels around the anus and reduces discomfort. Take some ice cubes and wrap them with a cloth. Sit on this for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Apple cider vinegar: This one is also a great use in case of comforting piles of pain. The natural crude vinegar helps to shrink the blood vessels and tissue of the anal area. To apply it, take a cotton ball and soak it into apple cider vinegar and apply directly on hemorrhoids.
- Try stool softeners: Since constipation is a great cause behind piles, if we can make stole soft, then it may reduce pain while defecating. There are several stool softeners on the market. Get the right one according to your doctor.
- Garlic: From the ancient period, garlic is being used as an anti-inflammatory ingredient. There are two ways to apply garlic. Boil water with garlic and apply it by using a cotton ball or keep the garlic in the anal canal as a suppository for better treatment.
- Do not sit, squat: Squatting is helpful rather than sitting while defecating. Due to the anorectal angle of the human body, squatting ease the normal bowel movement through the rectum. So make a habit of squatting.
These were the most effective home remedies or habit to comfort the irritation and pain of hemorrhoids.
Piles or hemorrhoids are a very common problem all over the world. You always do not need to have surgery to cure piles. Try to follow those curing suggestions. You will find a better treatment than surgery which will save both time and money.